Monday 6 April 2009

Isn't it funny...

You can deal with all kinds of weird and wonderful things when you are concentrating on other things!

I took Pinto out for a "gentle" hack on Saturday as part of his osteo rehab and was meant to include "gentle and controlled trotting" Well we managed to start off gentle and controlled, then as soon as it degenerated I asked for walk, which lead to much bouncing, trying to escape left and right. - and I just sat there and ignored it all Even a year ago I would have been wibbling and thinking about getting off. Even more amazing is that I've hardly ridden at all for ages and this was my first hack since Jan or beginning of Feb.

One thing is for certain... with the right training Pinto would have a FANTASITC piaffe and passage lol

1 comment:

Jean said...

Sorry I haven't commented. For some reason my computer has not been loading your new entries!!

Bringing a horse along in rehab is really great for the rider as you do have to ignore a lot of irrelevant things and just focus on the task at hand. It's a good time to think about your own equitation and work on your seat and aids.

Hope Pinto feels better soon so you can have some more fun in the nice weather.