Tuesday 14 April 2009

09 April 2009

Well Pinto's rest didn't really happen. On the spur of the moment I joined my old class since there was a space in the lesson. I'd had prior knowledge that it would be "travail sur la plat" plus a little surprise, so I wasn't too concerned.

After the previous day Pinto felt a bit tired, but amazingly worked for me so much better and with more consistency than I've had for a long time. Though I've finally discovered the secret to "tête en place" - a full fly fringe - lol!

His trot was springy and consistent, we had good control over the pace, I could ask for a faster pace then bring it back without any problems. The only real hint that I had that he was tired was that he leaned on the rein occasionally, and he wanted to stretch more than usual, but that was the only hint.

The little surprise at the end of the lesson was to walk up to the cross and being able to have a walk about, practicing walking up and down hill. It was a comepletely different experience to the last time I was up there (but that was almost three years ago now!) this time I had no issues with the downhill bits, and I though the uphill bits were very inviting for a canter - Pinto did too, and I had to remind him frequently that we were only walking!

At the end of it I was really pleased that I joined the lesson, as both i and Pinto had a great time.

No comments: