Monday 6 April 2009

03 April 2009

The osteopath came back out on Thursday

After walking and trotting him up and having a short feel down his back he asked if Pinto received many sugary treats... his spleen is inflamed due to too much sugar, so no treats apart from carrots or bread.

He also had 3 blocked vertebrae in the same place as the last manipulation. The osteo did a whole load of new releases, but said that it will take time for the musculature to adapt and until this happens Pinto will need regular treatment to stop the vertebrae from popping back again. So my "homework" is lots and lots of slow controlled trotting outside to help strengthen the correct muscles and to avoid cantering for the time being, until the muscles have strengthened a bit.

I'm pleased it wasn't anything too bad, and my lovely osteo didn't charge for the follow-up visit.

I decided to make a notice to put on Pintos door to say that he is poorly and not to feed him anything at all, thank you very much! We have bunches of kids come to the riding school and it can't be guaranteed that they will feed just carrots or bread if I said just carrots or bread, so for poor old Pinto it's nothing at all

I also decided to create an exercise journal for Pinto so that I can keep a track of exactly how much work he is doing, and what kind of work he is doing. It can also be somewhere my sharer can make a note if anything untoward happens.

No comments: