Friday 15 February 2008

4th Feb 2008 - Lovely hack on Saturday

Sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky, bit cold though

We went exploring! Decided to be brave and go a completely different way to normal, though after the shennanigans of last week, decided "safety first" and we went out with a bit and his elastic on.

Pinto was perfect Only a couple of minor disagreements when passing a path which would mean a quicker way home (he certainly knows where he is, even if I don't!).

Found another lovely hill which will be great for cantering once the ground dries out (again!). Went through the forest up and down a hill (which was very slippery), but had to turn back as I didn't want to get completely lost, and I only had about 40mins of proper light left.

On the home straight decided to risk a trot... wow... a wonderful, polite, sloooow trot, with only a couple of tiny half halts to rebalance. It was such a difference from the bitless. He was even polite in going up the last hill, and only for a minute thought about towing me up (the hills arer quite steep, and it is much easier for him to trot or canter, but much *better* for him if he walks lol)

I'm really looking forward to the summer when I can really get out and explore... I never would have thought I could get converted to hacking, since it used to terrify me so much, but now I love it

No comments: