Thursday 7 January 2010

Wheeee!

On Tuesday it was soooo cold, especially after i have been standing around for an hour watching a class. As I really want to improve Pintos fitness this year (I really must make an effort as he will be 16 in April) I thought I would just give him a quick whizz on the lunge.

Learned from everything I did on Monday and went with just his bridle with a bit clip and the lunge line. We were stuck at one end of the manege as there were some jumps left up from the class, but that was OK.

We started off really nicely, and Pinto is listening more and more to me now. He really must have thought "what is that mad woman doing now" as I was asking for walk/trot/walk transitions about every 4 strides *ebil mummy*

Ended the (very quick) session with canter transitions, just asking for the transition and then three strides then back to trot. Pinto was great.

Pinto had a rest last night (Wednesday), well at least from me.. Natalie usually rides on a Wed, so I gave the stables a miss... looking forward to a dressage lesson tonight.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Wow! I am way behind, but now that I've caught up, you need to as well.

Here's hoping you can follow through on your 2010 resolutions to get Pinto fit and ride more.

I'll drop by for some updates!