Wednesday 11 July 2007

Tarmac Promenading

So I managed to escape work early today... not bad, I was aiming for 5pm, and eventually clocked out at 5:35... definitely not bad ;o)

Got to the yard, and once again my georgeous man was waiting by the gate, this time with his partner in crime Iacouti (aka yak-yak). I got out of the car and smooched at him and he immediately lifts his head and walks down to the gate *bless - I love my pone so much*

Then... *grrr - kids* a couple of young lasses, probably not more than 10 or so were picking apples off the trees and chucking them in the field. Some people just have no horse sense at all. There was a small group of about 8 horses all going after these apples, and one or two of the horses were really going for it... chasing the others off with hoofs and teeth. So the horses running away (including Pinto) were having to watch the teeth and hoofs in one direction, and the mains-electrified fence in the other... And still more apples kept getting lobbed into the field.

In the end I rushed around, and brought Pinto out of the field earlier than I had planned.

Pinto's introduction to bananas...
I had some very ripe bananas lying around at home... far beyond what I would consder eating, so I decided to introduce Pinto to them *giggle*

The first one was really nasty to peel, and was practically goo in my hand. Pinto eat it with the funniest expression on his face :oP Then next two were squeezed from thier skins like toothpast from a tube, which Pinto took great delight in slobbering all over me *bleugh*

After a mammoth foot picking session (when will that sole exfoliate fully?) I decide to hand walk Pinto down the road. We only go into the village and up to the water trough before turning round an heading back again. It takes 10 minutes, and really helps to keep those toes back.

Pintos feet are just about 100% recovered from the randonnee in May, and after Francis' next visit (very soon I hope) his feet should be in tiptop condition again. He is certainly clopping along on the tarmac just as loudly as any shod horse ;o)

Tomorrow, weather permitting (and we've had no rain for 12 hours now *crossing everything in sight*), I am going to ride *nods* definitely. I have *plans*... hopefully to be elucidated tomorrow evening...

1 comment:

Muriel said...

I really like Pinto's stories b/c he sounds so much like my Morgan ....

food-orientated, cheeky monkey ... not gifted for Manège work LOL riding Morfan last nigth, I reflected how much lopsided he was ^-^

They are fun horses anyway ;-)